COVID-19 positive Randhir Kapoor moved out of ICU, says 'didn’t have any breathlessness or needed oxygen'
Bollywood actor-filmmaker Randhir Kapoor tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalized on Thursday, authorities at Mumbai's Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital confirmed on Thursday. The actor, who had earlier said that he had no breathing issues, and therefore will not be needing an ICU bed, had to be shifted to get more COVID-19-related tests done.
However, now the veteran actor is doing better and has been shifted out of the ICU. He informed a news agency that he will be discharged soon. He said, “I am doing much better. I was there in the ICU for a day, and then they moved me out because I didn’t have any breathlessness or needed oxygen. I had a high temperature. I am better now.”
He added, “I am anxious to get out. My children told me to get into the hospital (given the Covid-19 scenario).”
Talking about how he contracted the virus, Randhir had earlier said, “I have no clue how I got Covid. I am surprised. Let me also tell you that my entire staff of five members, too, has tested positive, and I have got them hospitalised with me in the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital." He added that his wife Babita and their daughters Karisma and Kareena Kapoor have all tested negative for the disease.
(Source: Press Trust of India)